The kidneys remove wastes and extra water from the blood to form urine. Urine flows from the kidneys to the bladderthrough the ureters. The wastes in your blood come from the normal breakdown of active muscle and from the food you eat. Your body uses the food for energy and self-repair. They also help filter blood before sending it back to the heart. The kidneys perform many crucial functions, including: maintaining overall fluid balance. regulating and filtering minerals from blood.
Here are 5 ways to keep your kidneys healthy
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of fluid will help your kidneys function
- Eat healthily. Abalanced diet ensures you get all the vitamins and minerals your body needs. …
- Watch yourblood pressure. Have your blood pressure checked regularly.
- Cut down on your drinking and smoking.
- Keepslim to help your kidneys.